Funeral Home in Schenectady, NY | McVeigh Funeral Home
Choosing a funeral home is the first decision that should be made when you are preparing funeral services for a loved one. The quality of the funeral staff and the available services will vary depending on the company that is selected. As you are looking for a funeral home in Schenectady, NY, it is important that you consider the traditions and needs of your family. Your selected funeral home should offer all the necessary services and support for the funeral style that you prefer.
At McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc., we pride ourselves in the customized funeral planning services offered to every family. We know how important it is to personalize every event. This gathering of friends and family is the perfect time to honor the deceased. Additionally, attendees can share memories and connect on the topics that are most meaningful to them.
Questions to Ask a Funeral Home in Schenectady, NY
First, you should evaluate your options regarding the companies that offer the desired services. When you have narrowed your choices to two or three funeral homes in the area, then it is time to talk to the funeral directors to learn more about the facilities and services.
During this conversation, you can listen to the funeral packages that are presented. It is smart to have a few questions ready, so you find all of the information needed to help you make these critical decisions. Here are a few questions you might consider asking during this conversation:
- What is your experience? Choosing a funeral home with years of experience ensures the team is comfortable and confident in the funeral services that are offered. It is best to choose a company that has been serving the community for a while.
- Are the facilities large enough to accommodate our group? Consider the number of people that you anticipate to attend the memorial or funeral. It is important to select a facility that is large enough for the group. At the same time, the room needs to be a perfect size so that the space isn’t awkward and overwhelming. For example, if only a few close family members will be attending, then we can coordinate the event in one of our smaller gathering rooms for convenience and comfort.
- Do you offer cremation? If you are considering cremation, then it is smart to ask about these services during the initial conversation. Our team at McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. provides a range of funeral packages, designed to meet the unique needs of every family. We encourage customizations and will gladly accommodate your request for cremation.
- How many staff members will be supporting the funeral event? Whether you are hosting the memorial or funeral at a church or you are planning to meet at the funeral home, it is essential that you have sufficient staff members on hand to assist. We will discuss the size of the group and the venue, then provide information about the staffing that will be required.
Choosing a Location for Funeral or Memorial Services
Our team at McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. offers a beautiful location where your event can be held. We can accommodate every type of service, including a viewing, formal funeral, reception, and more. The goal is to design funeral services that honor the traditions of your family, while also minimizing the stress you are facing through the funeral planning process.
Alternatively, you have the option to hold the event at another location if desired. For example, a local church might be preferred by the family. We can provide a place for your loved one to rest until it is time for the event. Then our staff will help with the transportation from our funeral home in Schenectady, NY to the location where the event will be held. Regardless of the location, we are always on hand to provide coordination and support before, during, and after funeral services.
In some cases, families choose an alternate option to skip formal funeral services. In this situation, you might consider planning a celebration of life or holding a small vigil when the ashes are scattered. Talk to us about your goals and preferences, so we can assist as you are finalizing the details for the event. Not only do you need to consider the needs of the attendees, but it is also important to think about the desires or requests of the deceased.
Keep in mind that funeral services are available to take care of the work that needs to happen behind the scenes for a successful event. You don’t need to carry the stress by yourself. Instead, reach out to our funeral home in Schenectady, NY for the support needed during this time. For more information, visit McVeigh Funeral Home, Inc. at our convenient funeral home: 208 N Allen St, Albany, NY 12206. Call to schedule an appointment or to discuss immediate services: (518) 489-0188
Funeral & Cremation FAQ’s
Can anyone arrange a funeral?
Most funerals are organized by close friends or, in the absence of relatives, by a close friend. If no one is found, the municipal or health authority will arrange for a simple funeral. The deceased may have specified the type of funeral and burial they desired. Learn more.
What is a celebration of life funeral?
- Direct Cremation.
- Direct Burial.
- Funeral & Mausoleum Crypt.
- Funeral & Ground Burial.
- Learn more.
Is it better to be buried or cremated?
Because direct cremations do not require embalming, they are less expensive than direct burials. In addition, instead of a casket, you have the option of storing the body in another container. Cremation is an easier process that also helps save ground space, whereas burial is not. Learn more.