Funeral Home in Rensselaer, NY | McVeigh Funeral Home
How should you choose a funeral home in Rensselaer, NY? It can be a challenge to pick the right funeral services if you don’t know what you want for the event. Instead of assuming that you should stick with traditional funeral options, consider the unique ways that you can plan this special day.
A funeral is a time to remember the person who has been lost. Many people find that it is a bitter-sweet experience to say goodbye to someone. The family experiences a lot of grief and pain. At the same time, a funeral or memorial is an opportunity to remember the fun experiences that were shared together.
It is best to consider the wishes of the deceased and the needs of the family. Our team here at McVeigh Funeral Home can help you put together a plan that will support everyone in attendance.
Customized Funeral Experience
After many years in the industry, we have found that traditional funeral services aren’t right for every family. Some people prefer the comfort of the familiar experience. So, they stick with a visitation, funeral, and graveside memorial to match the traditions of the family. Other families are looking for ways to break out of the rut of tradition. We will listen to your needs and plan a funeral that matches accordingly.
If you love the idea of creating a custom funeral experience, then you need to talk to our team for more information. We want to support you in honoring the life of your family member. You will see that we can provide a variety of services. Everything will be designed with precise attention to detail. We want to create the perfect experience for your family to share the memories together.
What options are available for your custom funeral experience? Here are some of the things that you might consider:
- Religious Ceremonies: Are there certain rights or rituals that you want to include for religious reasons? We will accommodate these needs to ensure that everything matches your religious traditions.
- Family Traditions: If there are certain things that your family wants to do on the day of the funeral, then we will work to accommodate these needs.
- Sports Enthusiasts: A sports-themed memorial can be a great way to celebrate a life-long fan. We can hang memorabilia to display their favorite team. Even the food and program can be designed to be a tailgate party if you prefer.
- Intimate Gathering: Do you want to avoid the hassle of planning a big funeral? Sometimes, a simple memorial is the best way to share memories with close family and friends. This gathering can be held in your home, backyard, or any other location of your choice.
- Last Ride: Some people loved weekend rides on their motorcycle, or they spent a lot of time on a fire truck serving the community. We can arrange the last ride to be a part of the funeral services.
- Favorite Foods: What types of foods did the person enjoy? Plan a meal for the family and incorporate these favorite menu items. There is something bonding about sharing a meal with people that you love.
- Veterans Memorial: When someone served in the armed forces, then it is appropriate to plan a veteran’s memorial. This service often includes a flag presentation, taps, and a 21-rifle salute.
- Space Travel: Do you want to look up at the stars at night and remember the person who has passed away? We can arrange to send the ashes to the sky, helping the person become a part of the cosmos.
- Ocean Memorial: Help the person return to the oceans that they loved by creating an underwater memorial with the cremated remains.
Talk to our team if you want to include any of these options in the funeral service. We can accommodate every desire. Our goal is to ensure that you have access to the personalized funeral services that you want to share with your family.
Honoring the Life of Your Loved One
When you are planning the details, the most important thing is that you honor the life of the person that you have lost. A memorial is a place for the family to say goodbye. It is also a chance to share memories of the person to create a lasting bond with the people who were left behind.
As you are honoring the life of your loved one, you need to look for the unique ways that you can pay tribute to the person. These activities are the best way to show your love and create the memories that you want to share with the other survivors.
Do you have questions about planning a funeral for someone that you have lost? You deserve to work with the leading funeral home in Rensselaer, NY: McVeigh Funeral Home. We are located at 208 North Allen St, Albany, NY 12206. Or, call for more information: (518) 489-0188