Cremation Services in Loudonville, NY | McVeigh Funeral Home, In
Are you considering cremation services for a family member that has passed away? There are many difficult things that you need to decide during this time. It is important that you consider the wishes of the deceased, as well as the needs of the family. Here at McVeigh Funeral Home, we offer a wide range of services in Loudonville, NY and the surrounding areas. If you need help, then we are here to provide the assistance that will reduce your stress during this time.
It is important that you choose a company with many years of experience in the industry. Our team knows the best practices for all types of funeral situations. We will gladly customize the services to match the needs of your family. You are always invited to contact us to find the answers to your questions.
Why Cremation Services?
Should you choose cremation instead of a traditional burial? It is a personal decision, but many people find a long list of benefits that are available for cremation. These are some of the reasons why you might choose cremation:
- Cost: How much will you spend on the expenses a traditional burial? Add up the costs for embalming, a casket, and burial plot, and you will see it adds thousands of dollars to the cost of the funeral. In comparison, many people find that cremations are cheaper compared to traditional funerals.
- Simplicity: Did the person request to have a simple gathering, instead of a big funeral? Cremation helps to simplify the process so that the family isn’t burdened by a long list of decisions.
- Flexibility: Instead of being limited to a cemetery burial, cremation opens a wide range of options for the final resting place. You have the flexibility to choose the location where the ashes will be stored. Or, the remains can be gathered if you prefer.
- Religion: Cremations are a tradition for some religious groups. If there is a specific ceremony to go with the cremation, then we will gladly accommodate your preferences.
- Celebration: Some people want to have a life celebration instead of a grim funeral. They find that it is easier to celebrate by scattering the ashes, instead of looking at a big casket during the funeral.
There are pros and cons to all types of funeral services that you might choose. So, it is important that you consider all of the options before picking the services that you would like for an upcoming funeral. Our team will discuss the benefits and disadvantages, helping you find the answers that will meet the needs of your family.
Funeral Services with the Cremation
Some people mistakenly think that a cremation means that they can’t plan a funeral for the deceased. But, the truth is that funeral planning can be done in any way that you desire. If you want to have a place where people can gather to pay their respects, then a funeral might be the right solution.
The body can be embalmed for a viewing before the funeral, and then cremated after the services. Or, you can have the cremation done right away, with the ashes stored in an urn for the funeral. You can even choose to have a graveside service if you decide to bury the ashes in the family cemetery plot.
On the other hand, some people choose to skip the funeral and plan a celebration of life instead. This event is designed to highlight the successes and achievements of the person. The party can be planned to match the person’s hobbies or preferences. For example, you might celebrate in the mountains where they enjoyed spending time. Or, the celebration could be a meal or tailgate party if they were a sports fan.
Cost of Cremations
Families on a tight budget might consider cremation as a way to save money on the funeral costs. One option is to have a basic cremation, followed by an intimate memorial at home. Instead of paying for the elaborate funeral services and expensive venues, a cremation can be an option to reduce overall expenses.
You will see that there are many options available for a funeral or cremation. So, the best thing you can do is talk to our team about the ways that we can assist in your planning. We will help you compare the services, ensuring that you choose the solution that matches your budget and your preferences.
Whether you need immediate funeral services or you would like to plan a funeral for yourself, we are here to help. These advanced planning options can be a good solution to reduce the stress on your family after you are gone.
For more information, talk to our team here at McVeigh Funeral Home. We provide cremation services in Loudonville, NY and the nearby areas. You can visit our location at 208 North Allen St, Albany, NY 12206. Or, call to learn more about the options that we offer: (518) 489-0188